We, the La Habra City Little League Board of Directors, have implemented the following Parent Code of Conduct for the important message that it holds about the proper role of parents in supporting the youth of our community and their child in sports.
The essential elements of character building and ethics in sports are the foundations of sportsmanship and are demonstrated by the core principles of respect, responsibility, fairness, and good citizenship.
As a La Habra City Little League Parent, I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for each child participating in LHCLL by adhering to the following code of conduct:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support at all times.
- I will remember that children participate to have fun, and that the game is for youth, not adults.
- I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player or parent such as booing and taunting, refusing to shake hands, or using profane language.
- I will teach my child that doing one's best is more important than winning.
- I will teach my child the importance of listening to the manager and coaches.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games.
- I will not confront coaches or managers at any time during games.
- I will not coach my child or other players during games.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action levied by the LHCLL Board of Directors or Code of Conduct Committee that could include, but is not limited to the following:
- Verbal Warning
- Written Warning
- Parental suspension for games
- Parental season suspension
- Parental removal from all league activities
The La Habra City Little League Board of Directors retains the sole authority to determine what, if any, disciplinary action is appropriate for any conduct infraction.