Spring 2021 Registration Information-revised Jan 2021
Dear La Habra City Little League Families,
Our fall ball Drills & Skills Baseball Program was a success! Players had fun practicing with teammates and building on their skills while following our LHCLL COVID-19 Safety Guidelines. As we prepare for the Spring 2021 Season, we continue to work together with the City of La Habra and our dedicated board members, managers, and coaches to safely offer as much baseball as we can. So, we are happy to announce… LHCLL Spring 2021 Online Registration will open soon for all divisions.
Initial registration cost per player is $100 for all divisions and is nonrefundable.
The $100 initial registration cost per player includes:
- A basic photo packet
- A baseball cap and a LH uniform shirt
- No fundraising and no buyout
- LHCLL Baseball Academy through May (if allowed and if game play is NOT allowed due to COVID-19).
As soon as games begin, if allowed, cost per player will be $175-$200 based on division level. Your LHCLL Baseball Academy initial registration fee of $100 will be credited to that cost and the remaining $75-$100 (based on division level) will be charged to your credit/debit card when LHCLL begins game play.
If game play does not begin on or before April 10, 2021, the additional payment of $75-$100 will not be charged to you.
Registration must be completed online at play.lhcll.com . If you are new to the league: create a login and password. Returning players just log in. Select registration, select 2021 spring season, and following the registration directions. Initial registration is complete once the initial $100 nonrefundable payment is received.
Additional Registration and Payment Information:
- Payment online is debit or credit card only with an additional transaction/processing fee.
- If online payment is rejected, contact Carmella Gaytan at [email protected] to pay registration plus applicable credit card fee in cash.
- No walk-up registration is available due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Unfortunately, no scholarships are available this year.
- Multiple Player Discounts for 3 or more players: The maximum fee for 3 or more players is $500, any additional players play for free. Discount applies only when paid in full at the time of initial registration.
*Exceptions: 50/70 registration added onto another division’s registration is an additional $75. Registration for Senior division is covered by the initial registration fee of $100.
Our refund policy as it relates to possible COVID restrictions or shutdowns can be found here.
The following documents are required to be filled out and uploaded during your Little Leaguer's registration process along with one or more documents from EACH of the three Groups outlined below to establish residency:
- Driver’s License (photo ID of parent(s) or guardian(s) with qualifying residence address)
- School records (home address of player’s parents or guardians)
- Vehicle records (i.e., registration, lease, etc.)
- Employment records
- Insurance documents (with residence address)
- Welfare/child care records
- Federal records (i.e., federal tax, social security, etc.)
- State records (i.e., state tax, local, etc.)
- Local (municipal) records (i.e., water/sewer, sanitation, etc.)
- Support payment records
- Homeowner or tenant records (i.e., mortgage, rent, etc.)
- Military records
- Voter’s Registration
- Utility bills (i.e., – gas, electric, water/sewer, phone, mobile phone, heating, waste disposal)
- Financial records (loan, credit, investments, etc.)
- Medical records
- Internet, cable, or satellite television records
Volunteers are needed. Begin the application process as soon as possible.
Click Here for more information
Divisions of Play
Division placement is determined by a combination of variables including player league age, skill level, prior league experience, prior coach recommendation, Little League guidelines and parent input. The registration application will ask several questions to help us determine the correct division for your child based on these variables. You will find information below to help with this process.
Click here to see Divisions of Play
Little League Age
LHCLL offers many programs for ages 4-16. Your player’s league age is determined by the Little League Baseball® Age Charts. The dates for baseball determines the division in which your Little Leaguer will play this season. The Age Determination Date for a Little League Baseball player is the actual age of a child as of August 31 of the current year.
Click here to see the League Age Determination Chart
Special Division Requests
When registering, select the age appropriate division. If you want to request for your son or daughter to be eligible to “play up” in an older division, enter that request in the special request section on the registration form. Please note, however, that limited play up requests will be granted as our experience over many years has shown that players benefit more from being in an age appropriate division as opposed to possibly having to compete for playing time and not pitching in an older division. Likewise, enter “play down” requests in the special request section.
LHCLL reserves the right to re-assign a child to a division other than the one in which he or she is originally registered or requested by his parent. This is done for a variety of reasons: safety, the need for equal teams, for the development of any one particular child, to ensure that each division has the requisite number of players, or for the general well-being of the league as a whole.
If possible and not guaranteed, two (2) friend requests are honored at the non-competitive Tee Ball, Minor B, Single A.
Friend requests are not honored in the competitive baseball divisions ( Double A Triple A and above.)
Each baseball player will receive a uniform shirt, hat which is included in the cost of registration.
Basic photo package included in initial $100 deposit.
Game and Practice Schedules
LHCLL Baseball games and practice schedules won't be published until after registration closes and team formation is complete.
Baseball practices and games are expected to be played at Ladera Palma Elementary (Tee Ball Field, Anderson Field, Don Steves Field, Volunteer - Bob O Field), Esteli Park (Dick Gross Field, Skeeter Holt Field) and Portola Park. There will also be interleague play in some divisions which will require traveling to neighboring cities.
Click here to see Field Locations
Snack Bar Volunteers
Each family is required to complete one snack bar shift spanning 3 hours per player. You have the option to buyout at $15 per hour and if you do not show up for you shift, there is an additional $25 fee. All fees must be paid before your child may play in his/her next scheduled game.